- The beginner course The Czech Language for Foreigners (1) - code BYC1 - is designed for incoming international students at BUT who want to learn basic Czech during their stay in Brno.
- The pre-intermediate course The Czech Language for Foreigners (2) - code BYC2- is designed for students who studied the beginner course, or for Slavic speakers with basic understanding of Czech. The minimum number of students is 8.
- The 100-minute lessons are taught once a week. Students have access to an on-line course for extra practice.
- The course is worth 6 ETCS credits.
- The course is free for any Erasmus+ students from BUT if they enrolled the course BYC1/BYC2 in their Learning Agreement or Changes to L.A.
- Please note that students from Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (FME) study semestral Czech course at their own faculty.
- Please note also that Erasmus+ internship students as well as students from other programmes such as Freemover, CEEPUS or AKTION cannot attend the course for free. The course fee for them is 2080 CZK.
For more information contact the teacher:
Veronika Rodriguezová, office Z266, rodriguezova.v(at )fce.vutbr.cz, tel.: +420 541 147 690
You can register for the course HERE.
Students can add BYC1 into their LA / Changes to LA until February 14 2019.
The BYC1 timetable for spring semester 2018/2019:
either Mondays 4 p.m. - 5:40 p.m. one or two groups
or Wednesdays 4 p.m. - 5:40 p.m. one or two groups
Rooms and groups will be added after the info meeting.
The course will start in the second week of the semester, i.e. on 11th February or 13th February 2019 respectively.
In order to get credits for the course, students have to participate in the lessons actively, have no more than 3 absences, pass both a mid-term and a final written test.